Skip to main content

TT or Tedious Tasks: Internet cleanup

One of the tasks I set myself to do was to do a swipe over the internet. I searched my name and shop's name on Google, Bing and social media sites -including YouTube - and found old accounts I wasn't aware were still there.🙈

So now, in order to make them look more as a part of a whole, I am :
  • Deleting the ones I won't use (Flickr ,anyone?)
  • Updating profile photos/cover photos  of the ones I don't use but could potentially do in the future.
  • Deleting tweets ,followers that are no relevant and likes from both my personal and shop Twitter accounts  ( I am so grateful I have never been too active on Twitter! Even though that needs to change...)
  • Look/delete into saved links or posts on Instagram and Facebook accounts.
  • Check pins on my Pinterest boards and delete the ones that are not appropriate.
  • Delete the majority the photos and posts on my  Facebook like Page.
It might look easy but it's tedious and time consuming. Many of these tasks are. That is why I alternate them with drawing, or watching some YouTube videos, or procrastination in general.This is all maintenance and clean up stuff. I haven't gone into content strategy, design of banners or images, programming posts -yet!

Just to let you know how many accounts I need to review:
  • YouTube: personal & Tisetas
  • Instagram: personal & Tisetas.
  • Facebook: personal & Tisetas.
  • Pinterest: personal & Tisetas.
  • Twitter: personal & Tisetas.
  • Blog in BlogSpot. (this one that you are reading!) 
  • TOTAL: 11 accounts.
Easy peasy, right? Or in Spanish: moco de pavo ( peacock mucus)😅

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Searching and finding my USP : Unique selling point.

In order to find your own space in a very busy market place such as the internet, or a saturated market like stationery, you need to make yourself stand out in some way so people buy your products. That's what's called the USP, or unique selling point. It seems pretty obvious but thinking about  it has been giving me headaches for a while. Having a "unique style" is great, however I wouldn't really advertise my creations with that tagline since there are thousands of unique styles from different artists. "Positive quotes" is again another popular and oversaturated tag. I was pondering about " self care " and working around my journey discovering and growing my awareness regarding mental health. Still, I can't see myself confident enough to use my basic knowledge since the USP should be something I have an expertise on . Why an expertise? Because only when the maker is confident about what they do and how they do it is when we

How am I going to renew my shop? Steps I am planning to take.

How  to start?It is easy to access to information these days. Lots of tricks, tips, advices, free and payed for. Ideas, stories...It can be overwhelming -it is for me!. I get easily distracted, I can find that I want to do everything at once and have no patience for the process. Last  year I was using DPD (Dream Plan Do) and doing lists to try to organize myself. And sort out my priorities. It helped me but also I think I overdid it , so in the end I didn't cross many items of those lists, I forgot to look at them, I got stressed because I seemed to be stuck... I am still terrible at it at having a full time job is quite limiting. This time I will keep on working with DPD and lists but I am also trying to take one thing at a time and create solid foundations for what I want to do. I won't be rushing myself, as long as I keep on working on it with some kind of regularity. Here's my list: Basic foundations : values, mission, colors, look and feel, objective

Some books I am going to use

Most of what I've been doing has been without previous planning and on the go, or as we say in Spain " sobre la marcha ". I have been dipping in and out from different websites, social media, blogs, free talks, videos but quite scattered and never really sat down to put all the pieces together - I am a bit like that myself. These are some of the books I am going to use to start with: Dream Plan Do journal . In January 2018 I went to Top Drawer, one of those trade shows about stationery and came across a lady who was giving a chat which I found quite revealing. I bought her book, which is a journal that helps you work on all areas of your business or the ones you lack the most. It made me think about certain things for the first time and was quite an eye opener. I didn't pass from Month 4 but I am planning to re-take it in 2019 - I've erased all my scribbles already! Stand Out online . I've got this for Christmas  and I believe it is just what