Skip to main content

Basic Foundations : Colour and feel

Since day one at Tisetas I have chosen to use a simple, colourful aesthetic with prominent black strokes. I don't use many gradients -except on backgrounds - , or shadows and highlights to create volume as I was taught during my 5 year Fine Art degree -at least not at the moment. I wanted to go for this look which might look childish, and pair it up with more "serious stuff"  like quotes. Because I am combining text and images I prefer them to be equals on the result, supporting each other, rather than the picture being an accessory to the text or viceversa.




My palette has a lot of oranges, yellows, browns, reds... mostly autumn related colours that have a warm feel. I also use bright blues ,purples and violets - I love yellow and purple combinations!

When I looked into my color palette for this renewal project I am immersed into, I studied different ideas and researched a bit about color psychology. I asked myself  what did I want people to feel when they look at my social media/products. I've always wanted people to be happy and smile but there are many ways to achieve it. The most common is to use bright colours, or rainbows. However more than a spark of joy, I wanted to go for a warm feeling that lasts longer, that is soothing, more natural and real. I know, it might sound too complex for the type of work I do, but that's the underlying purpose of what I create.👍

So I muted a bit my palette , and introduced a tiled tone as well for some works. I am still defining the whole palette, that is why if you go to my Instagram you will find different things, but I feel the overall look starts looking a bit more consistent.

Any thoughts?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Searching and finding my USP : Unique selling point.

In order to find your own space in a very busy market place such as the internet, or a saturated market like stationery, you need to make yourself stand out in some way so people buy your products. That's what's called the USP, or unique selling point. It seems pretty obvious but thinking about  it has been giving me headaches for a while. Having a "unique style" is great, however I wouldn't really advertise my creations with that tagline since there are thousands of unique styles from different artists. "Positive quotes" is again another popular and oversaturated tag. I was pondering about " self care " and working around my journey discovering and growing my awareness regarding mental health. Still, I can't see myself confident enough to use my basic knowledge since the USP should be something I have an expertise on . Why an expertise? Because only when the maker is confident about what they do and how they do it is when we

How am I going to renew my shop? Steps I am planning to take.

How  to start?It is easy to access to information these days. Lots of tricks, tips, advices, free and payed for. Ideas, stories...It can be overwhelming -it is for me!. I get easily distracted, I can find that I want to do everything at once and have no patience for the process. Last  year I was using DPD (Dream Plan Do) and doing lists to try to organize myself. And sort out my priorities. It helped me but also I think I overdid it , so in the end I didn't cross many items of those lists, I forgot to look at them, I got stressed because I seemed to be stuck... I am still terrible at it at having a full time job is quite limiting. This time I will keep on working with DPD and lists but I am also trying to take one thing at a time and create solid foundations for what I want to do. I won't be rushing myself, as long as I keep on working on it with some kind of regularity. Here's my list: Basic foundations : values, mission, colors, look and feel, objective